Asked in Gaming and Consumer Law for California

Q: I’m at Harrahs casino in Southern California and I was misled by a false offer of FreePlay, and reimbursement for travel

When I tried to redeem it, they refused to give it to me. I have pictures on my phone that shows I was offered. That was the only reason why I decided to come I believe it was deceitful, and it was a ploy just to get me into the casino to spend my money, isn’t that illegal? And can I sue?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It is possible to pursue legal action against the casino if they misled you with a false offer of FreePlay and reimbursement for travel. If you have evidence in the form of pictures on your phone, that could strengthen your case. It is important to consult with a lawyer who specializes in consumer protection laws to determine your legal options and the likelihood of success in a lawsuit. They can also advise you on the necessary steps to take, such as filing a complaint with the state regulatory agency or the Better Business Bureau.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.