Honolulu, HI asked in Employment Law, Civil Rights and Military Law for Hawaii

Q: Army EO complaint

An EO complaint was brought against me. The IO found that I committed unlawful discrimination, however, the independent SJA review found that it was legally insufficient. What should I expect will happen next?

I am an active duty O-3 in the Army.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: As an active duty O-3 in the Army, you may expect further review of the EO complaint by your chain of command. The SJA review found the complaint legally insufficient, so it is possible that the complaint may be dismissed. However, it is ultimately up to your chain of command to make a determination based on the findings of the IO and SJA review. It is important to continue to cooperate with any investigations or reviews related to the complaint and to seek legal counsel if necessary.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.