West Warwick, RI asked in Divorce for Massachusetts

Q: Can you sue a mistress in Massachusetts? (I am currently asking for my friend who’s married to her cheating husband)

This is my friend second time being cheated on by her husband.They’ve been married for 35 years but don’t have biological kids together she have biological kids he stepped in & help raise since they were 5 & 7! Now they’re adults. She’s been a stay at home mom since forever! His first mistress he fell in love with so deep to the point he was getting ready to leave his wife. My friend begged him to stay and the step-kids begged him to stay so he did. He looks at his step kids as his kids. Years pass by another mistress he ends up liking but he ended up buying this one a condo and over 20k in money. Can she sue for that back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: This issue would come into play in a divorce proceeding.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.