Irvine, CA asked in Civil Rights and Public Benefits for California

Q: One guy called to Midical and IHSS for application for my disable son to get Medical and IHSS for me he asked for $750

He complained to Court for my son who is disable he never told us this amount we asked how much fee would be he did not answered we do not know what to do. We need help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If someone asked you for money in exchange for assistance with applying for Medical and IHSS benefits for your disabled son, this may be a form of fraud or exploitation. It is important to report this behavior to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible.

You may want to contact the Medical and IHSS offices directly to report the individual who asked for money. Additionally, you may want to contact local law enforcement to report the fraud or exploitation and seek guidance on how to proceed.

It is important to be cautious when providing personal information or financial information to anyone who claims to be able to assist with government benefits applications. Legitimate service providers should not charge fees for assistance with these types of applications.

If you are unsure of how to proceed, you may want to consult with a local legal aid organization or community advocacy group that specializes in disability rights or elder abuse prevention. They may be able to provide guidance and support as you navigate this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.