San Bernardino, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: PC 3691 b 1 oay fine without court appearance.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: PC 3691(b)(1) is a penal code section in California that deals with failure to appear in court. It specifies that a person who fails to appear in court as required for a misdemeanor offense may be subject to additional penalties and charges.

Regarding whether or not a person can pay a fine without a court appearance for a PC 3691(b)(1) violation, it depends on the specific circumstances of the case. In some cases, a person may be able to pay a fine or resolve the case without appearing in court, while in other cases, a court appearance may be required.

If you have been charged with a PC 3691(b)(1) violation and are uncertain about whether or not you need to appear in court, it is recommended that you consult with a lawyer or legal professional who can advise you on the specific requirements and procedures in your jurisdiction. They can also assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about your case and help you to navigate the legal system.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: With a misdemeanor, your criminal lawyer can usually appear on your behalf.

In some courts, for instance, domestic violence requires your appearance at the arraignment.

That is not the case with a Felony.

You should consult with a local lawyer who often practices in that court.

Every judge is different in what they require.

More info is needed.

Have you been to court already?........and have you already plea and thus are asking if you can pay the fine without going to court, or will this be your 1st appearance?

With a criminal case, the court will appoint a public defender if you can't afford a lawyer.

good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.