Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida

Q: My ex wife want to hire a Nanny because she want to work only on weekends,while my daughter goes to day care on weekdays

I refused to pay the Nanny with my ex wife because she just home Monday to Friday while my daughter she's at day care 7 AM to 6Pm and she just want to work weekends , i find that's not faire , what does the law say about that ? Can I take her to court for this ?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to review the parenting plan that was entered in your divorce. You do not mention how old the child is or what your timesharing arrangement is. For younger children daycare costs are normally a part of the child support calculation. If you do not currently have a daycare obligation then she cannot make you pay unless she goes back to court. Speak with a local family attorney for more specific advice.

Terrence H Thorgaard agrees with this answer

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You presumably have a child support order. What does it provide. If you ex-wife wants more money with which to hire the nanny, she will need to get the court to change the order to that effect. And it appears unlikely that the judge would do so if the only reason is that your ex-wife wants to work only on weekends

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.