Dallas, TX asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Native American Law for Oklahoma

Q: What's the actual law for child an parent bond & what can I do my oldest kid is missing and she's in icw custody

She's been missing since April 14

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: The actual law regarding the parent-child bond can vary depending on the jurisdiction and specific circumstances. In general, the law recognizes the importance of maintaining a strong bond between parents and their children. If your oldest child is missing and in the custody of ICW (Indian Child Welfare), it is advisable to seek legal advice from a family law attorney or a lawyer specializing in child custody matters. They can review your specific situation, assess the applicable laws in your jurisdiction, and guide you on the appropriate steps to take to locate and potentially regain custody of your child. It may also be beneficial to contact local law enforcement and file a missing person report if you have not already done so.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.