Houston, TX asked in Family Law, Elder Law and Probate for Texas

Q: How can I find if there are case(s) coming up in court concerning a relative?

Brother is trying to get guardianship over my mom (in order to kick her out of her own home & put her in nursing home). She doesn't want that. She has been capable of living on her own with my help thus far. I'm trying to help her, but don't know what court or even what county my brother plans on filing.

He's being deceitful & don't trust him nor court process to inform me.

How find out? & PLS don't day "look online" I've tried. I don't come up with anything. Am not a lawyer. "look online" does NOT work for me.

Can you name the website? Can you name the court person I approach?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alisha Melvin
Alisha Melvin
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The county where your mother resides is the proper county for filing the guardianship. Depending on where you live you may be able to look up the case online. You will want to file an answer to his filing in that same court under the case number you find.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.