Livingston, NJ asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Contracts and Employment Law for New Jersey

Q: Is it possible to sue former employer for lost wages after he refuses to complete paperwork to get my plumbing license?

He paid for my school and agreed verbally to sponsor me to get my plumbing license. Seven years later he’s refusing to fill out the apprenticeship certification for me. Is it possible to sue for lost wages for what I would have been making as a licensed master plumber?

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: There is an insufficient factual basis to answer your question. Without knowing the reasons why he will not fill out the apprenticeship certification it is impossible to answer your question. You are probably going to require a consultation with an experienced attorney to determine what options you have. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.