Reno, NV asked in Family Law and Civil Litigation for California

Q: Can a subpoena duces tecum for production of documents be requested after a civil trial has started in the State of CA

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Yes. But your question is not very clear. Is this your situation? Do you want one or were you served with one? Go to the Superior Court website for the court you are in and look for the "forms" tab. Judicial Council forms, Subpoena duces Tecum and accompanying declaration. This is a Civil Litigation question. You need to consult an attorney in your local area that practices this kind of law. Thank you for using Justia Ask a Lawyer.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In the State of California, it is generally possible to request a subpoena duces tecum for the production of documents during an ongoing civil trial. However, it is important to note that the timing and specific procedures for requesting a subpoena may vary depending on the court rules and the judge's discretion. It is recommended to consult with your attorney or seek legal advice from a qualified professional who can guide you on the proper procedure for requesting a subpoena duces tecum during an ongoing civil trial in California. They can provide specific guidance based on the circumstances of your case and help ensure compliance with the relevant rules and procedures.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.