Cache, OK asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: If my ex wants to file for custody after I won custody 3 years ago will I be served papers

She is saying she filed and has received service papers with a court date but I was never served. I don’t know if she is lying about filing. I have had custody with her having every other weekend and holidays. I receive a little child support from her monthly per court order after our divorce. She recently lost her job and now is claiming she has filed for custody

1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: As easy way to find out if something has been filed is to look at your case on If she has filed a Motion to Modify hire an attorney right away.

Best of luck!

Charles Watts agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.