Austin, TX asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Legal Malpractice for Ohio

Q: My friend was convicted of a crime we feel her attorney didn't do his job. What can we file to re open case

He refused to let her see the motion of discovery. She tried to fire him the judge wouldn't let her. She told him things to help prove her side some he didn't even look into. They made a murder series episode about her case the interviews were shown a couple things were complete and could be proven lies he never argued.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: There are many requirements in legal malpractice cases that very state by state. One requirement in some states is an actual finding of innocence. Consult with experienced legal malpractice attorneys in the state where this occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.