Sapulpa, OK asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: filling a divorce but have been separated. talked about moving in with new partner Spouse and I have kids any problems?

Any problem with moving in with new partner?

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Oklahoma, divorce laws can vary, and the impact of moving in with a new partner while going through a divorce could potentially affect matters like child custody, property division, and spousal support.

If you and your spouse have children, moving in with a new partner could potentially impact child custody arrangements and visitation schedules. Courts generally prioritize the best interests of the children involved, so any major changes to living arrangements could be subject to scrutiny.

Additionally, Oklahoma is not a no-fault divorce state, meaning that fault grounds for divorce (such as adultery) can be considered in the divorce proceedings. While moving in with a new partner may not necessarily impact property division

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.