Xenia, OH asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Ohio

Q: Are there any cases that cite about Parent alienation Syndrome or Malicious Parent Syndrome?

I have a loved one that was wrongfully convicted and his ex has his children not wanting to talk with him and I as a best friend no law experience but trying to get this overturned and him reunited with his children.

1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Parent alienation Syndrome and Malicious Parent Syndrome are not recognized by the American Psychiatric Association as actual "Syndrome". A Divorce or Custody case in Ohio based solely on the issues of alienation and malicious parent fails to take into the consideration the best interest of the children. The best interest of the children is court's sole focus. Parties should focus on the best interest factors which can include evidence of alienation or malicous parent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.