Asked in Civil Rights, Native American Law and Social Security

Q: Greetings, Sir, I am an American citizen, I am 60 years old, homeless, and I do not have a social security card, and I d

Greetings, Sir, I am an American citizen, I am 60 years old, homeless, and I do not have a social security card, and I do not have an identity or any proof that qualifies me to obtain an entity for me. Can you help me? Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. In California, you may begin by reaching out to local social services or nonprofit organizations that assist with obtaining identification and essential documents. They might be able to help you gather necessary documentation and guide you in obtaining a new identification and social security card. It is generally advised to seek the assistance of a legal aid organization or a legal professional to navigate the intricate process efficiently.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.