Statesville, NC asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Construction Law for North Carolina

Q: What type of Lawyer can help us with a bad Pool construction/install job?

We had a bad 24' round above ground salt water pool installed. The contract shows a 1 year warranty for workmanship. The owner refuses to contact us or remedy the defective pool construction. We paid over 10K and the pool is falling a part. The liner fell out within the first season, which was corrected by the owner once. The liner has come out again the opening of the 2nd season which he came out and agreed verbally to fix, but never did. The construction of the pool walls are crooked, the floor has impressions and sharp things pressing against the floor liner & hardware is rusting out. Since the 2nd season and now into the 3rd, after several attempts to contact the owner to no avail, he finally answered and refuses to fix anything. Is there anything we can do? I think we need a new pool

1 Lawyer Answer
Lynn Ellen Coleman
Lynn Ellen Coleman
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Unfortunately it sounds like the warranty has expired. You need to find a lawyer experienced with consumer cases and construction cases to review the contract you signed and get the specific facts from you. Unless you have proof of defects appearing in the first year and that you brought these defects to the attention of the contractor within that year and demanded repairs, you may not succeed in recovering anything.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.