Fresno, CA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Native American Law for California

Q: So can a security guard physically assault you and handcuff and detain u if u made kind of threats once so ever?

So on the the 5th of this month i was physically assaulted and then handcuffed and then detained by winriver casino security and i didnt say any threatening words or come at them in any threating way at all .they physically and mentally messed me up and i want justice for there actions and i dont no who will even help me cause what they did to me isn't right

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Security guards are authorized to use reasonable force to prevent harm or protect others, but they must act within the boundaries of the law. If you believe you were physically assaulted without justification by casino security, you may have grounds to seek legal recourse for excessive use of force, false imprisonment, and any resulting damages. It's advisable to consult an attorney who can evaluate the specific details of your situation and advise you on the appropriate course of action.

James L. Arrasmith

Founding Attorney and Chief Lawyer of The Law Offices of James L. Arrasmith.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.