Columbus, OH asked in Health Care Law and Insurance Bad Faith for Ohio

Q: My health insurance company is denying to pay hospital & ambulance bills. What type of practice area should I use?

My Insurance company says pre existing, but it clearly states within 5 years on policy we signed and it has been closer to 8 years since treatment for condition. I'm starting to get second notice bills from hospital & ambulance service. Do I start making small payments to providers or should I wait until talking to a lawyer?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Ohio attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. There are attorneys who handle health care claims. If you're considering consulting with an attorney, first review your paperwork. That could help make the most of a meaningful consult. Review your policy, review the recourses outlined on the denials (appeals, arbitration, etc), and the timelines by which you need to respond, and other elements of the denial. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.