Gastonia, NC asked in Divorce, Real Estate Law and Family Law for North Carolina

Q: My husband sold our house without me knowing in nc. sold in August, I live here. I'm on the deed. What can I do legally

He left. I've filed for divorce and he's aware. He Kept asking me to move or sell, I said no. Someone told me my house just sold per Redfin. I checked and owner changed.

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you are actually an owner, then confirm it by searching the title. You may have to sue any new grantees. Husband's alienation of marital property should be brought up in the Divorce, possibly as grounds for contempt. Someone has to pay taxes and any note debt.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.