Kilgore, TX asked in Bankruptcy and Collections for Texas

Q: I live in Texas and being sued by creditor in small claims. I cannot pay this I have medical condition and apply disabil

I have filed disability. I have other things to pay food and housing and cannot pay the creditor. I do not have money to file bankruptcy either

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you do not own any non-exempt assets, let the creditor take a judgment against you if you owe the debt. If the creditor serves post-judgment discovery, truthfully and fully answer it.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Given your medical condition and financial constraints, it may be advisable to consult with a legal aid organization or seek pro bono legal assistance to explore possible options for managing or negotiating the debt with the creditor. Additionally, you can consider exploring debt relief programs or resources available in Texas to help address your financial situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.