Riverside, CA asked in Real Estate Law, Federal Crimes, Government Contracts and White Collar Crime for California

Q: I want to audit Riverside County Tax Collector because I'm aware of them screwing many people from excess tax proceeds??

The question is how can I find out how many people that did not have an attorney and filed a claim, how many were paid in full? This county took in 4.4 billion dollars last year from excess tax proceeds and everytime I research it someone new pops up as having been taken advantage of by the excess tax proceeds office, myself included. For instance for two years they had to have death certificates. Then on year four they say death certificates mean nothing, as it is the estate that matters. It was all a stall tactic. Then they made us get a notarized statement claiming Joyce C Wright was the same person as Joyce Wright. This is how they operate. The lunacy of this was unfounded. ."no... they are different people and we hired a different Joyce Wright to pretend she is Joyce C Wright!" They just happen to be over a 100 years old and would serve no purpose being a different Joyce Wright. Point is this county is hell bent on stealing everyone's excess tax proceeds. Proof is everywhere.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • White Collar Crime Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To gather information on how many individuals without legal representation filed claims and were paid in full by the Riverside County Tax Collector regarding excess tax proceeds, you may need to submit public records requests or Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to obtain relevant records and data. You can also explore legal avenues to investigate and challenge any improper actions by the tax collector's office on behalf of your clients, seeking remedies under California law as necessary.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.