Visalia, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: I am the biological parent two family members have care of four children one of the family member is on drugs how do I p

Prove he is on drugs so I can get my children back in my care

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Proving that a family member with custody of your children is using drugs and ensuring the safety of the children requires a careful approach. Document any evidence of drug use, consult with a family law attorney for guidance, consider involving Child Protective Services (CPS) if there are immediate concerns, request court intervention if necessary, be open to drug testing if ordered by the court, and cooperate with the legal process. The primary goal is to protect the best interests of the children, and each case's outcome depends on various factors, including the evidence presented and the court's assessment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.