Los Angeles, CA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Criminal Law for California

Q: I was arrested and handcuffs to a concrete bench in a cell with the cameras I was not allowed to go to the bathroom

So I ended up going on the floor in the cell the handcuffs we're not locked they were so tight I was begging for them to loosen them my hand has nerve problems I was begging them to unlock the cups and loosen them one of the cops came to the door looked in the window told me if I moved my crap a little bit to the right that he would unlock my cuffs and then he walked away and never did it multiple cops came looked at me sitting there in my own urine and crap begging for them to unlock the handcuffs it was so tight. Finally a cop ended up calling the fire department and they came unlocked the cuffs I just bailed out I was wondering how to proceed with this

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you believe your rights were violated during your arrest and detention, it's important to consult with an experienced attorney who can assess the specifics of your case and guide you on how to proceed. They may advise you to consider filing a complaint against the law enforcement agency involved and explore potential legal remedies. Gathering any available evidence, such as witness statements or medical records, can also be crucial in building your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.