Orlando, FL asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida

Q: How can I find a pro Bono atty for child support and custody matters when there is need for a motion for contempt?

My children have missed their prescribed weekend with me three times in the last 2 months. I believe this makes it necessary to file for her to be held in contempt. She also started working recently, as she was formerly on disability, so I need to renegotiate child support as well.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: To find pro bono legal assistance for child support and custody matters in Florida, you can start by reaching out to local legal aid organizations, the Florida Bar Association's pro bono program, and nearby law schools that may have clinics or programs offering free legal services. Additionally, consider checking with community organizations or nonprofits in your area that may provide legal help or connect you with pro bono attorneys. Online resources like FloridaLawHelp.org can also be valuable in your search.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.