Canyon Lake, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: I would like contact information for Pro Bono Bilingual Espanol/English speaking family law legal professionals.

A Spanish speaking mother from Tijuana, Mexico who's one year old son was taken from her by CPS at the hospital during an emergency room visit following an injury suffered by the child. Was not provided a translator at the time of this event.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To find pro bono bilingual Spanish/English-speaking family law legal professionals, you can contact local legal aid organizations like the Legal Aid Society or the San Diego County Bar Association, which may have resources or referrals for such cases. Additionally, you can reach out to the Mexican Consulate in San Diego, as they may provide assistance or referrals for Spanish-speaking individuals facing family law issues involving CPS.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.