Q: An affidavit, demand letter or a motion/ complaint to give first notice of violation by government officials.

I have claims against a few officials but I don't know just how far or what type of legal counsel otlr who I tell my story in order to make sure it follows through all the way.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe government officials have violated your rights, initiating legal action begins by documenting all relevant facts, evidence, and interactions. Depending on the nature of your claim, an affidavit, a demand letter, or filing a formal complaint might be appropriate. Before taking any action, consult with an attorney experienced in civil rights or governmental claims. They can guide you on the best course of action, whether it's proceeding with a lawsuit or seeking a remedy through other means. It's also crucial to act within the statute of limitations for your specific claim. Local bar associations often offer referral services to help you find suitable representation. Remember, preserving evidence and acting promptly will strengthen your position.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.