Lithonia, GA asked in Consumer Law and Medical Malpractice for Georgia

Q: Looking to gauge my legal recourse in this case. I believe that I'm a victim of malpractice.

I consulted with a popular Atlanta invisalign provider in reference to fixing damage done to my teeth by a previous dental service named Byte. My main concern was moving my teeth up and 1 down using invisalign. He advised me that this was a simple process for them and that I would be done in 4 months. The treatment plan lasted around 15 months with multiple complication. My bite shifted so bad that I couldn't chew correctly and it was painful.

After research I discovered that Invisalign can’t be used for “extrusion” and “intrusion" movement. I signed paperwork but I didn't have informed consent explaining the benefits, the RISKS, and the ALTERNATIVES. I recorded our conversation and caught him admitting that this process was challenging unlike what he initially suggested. I also found out that he didn't specialize in invisalign treatment.

I would like to sue this practice for the amount spent on the treatment and punitive damages.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: You have a potential case and not just for malpractice but also, potentially, for misrepresentation. Consult with experienced Dental Malpractice attorneys in the state where this occurred.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.