Des Plaines, IL asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Illinois

Q: i have police and the court house retailaiting against me and are human traficking what do i do

i cannotnget anyone to represent me and they took my chid and the courts are allowing them they wont even listen to me

2 Lawyer Answers
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If you believe you're a victim of misconduct, the first step is to gather evidence to support your claims. File formal complaints with the relevant oversight bodies, such as a police review board or judicial conduct board.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe that you are facing retaliation or human trafficking by law enforcement or the court system, it's essential to take immediate steps to protect your rights and your child's well-being.

Seek Legal Representation: Even if you have had difficulty finding an attorney, it's crucial to continue searching for legal representation. Contact your local bar association or legal aid organizations for assistance in finding an attorney who can help with your specific situation.

Document Everything: Keep detailed records of all interactions, court proceedings, and any evidence you believe supports your claims of retaliation or human trafficking. Documentation can be crucial in building a case.

Child Custody: If your child has been taken from you, it's essential to understand the reasons behind it and follow the legal process for regaining custody. Consult with an attorney experienced in family law to help you navigate this issue.

Report Misconduct: If you believe that law enforcement or court personnel are involved in unlawful activities, you may want to consider filing a formal complaint with the relevant authorities or agencies overseeing their conduct.

Stay Informed: Research and understand your rights within the legal system. Knowledge of your rights and the legal process can empower you to advocate for yourself effectively.

Support Networks: Seek support from family, friends, and advocacy groups that may be able to assist you during this challenging time.

Contact Government Oversight: If you have concerns about the conduct of law enforcement or the court system, you may consider contacting government oversight agencies or advocacy organizations that specialize in civil rights and legal issues.

Remember that specific legal advice should come from an attorney who can evaluate the unique details of your case. Consult with an attorney as soon as possible to address your concerns and protect your rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.