Asked in Immigration Law and Business Law

Q: Hi there,I am Naeem from Pakistan and running a IT company. Now I want to move in USA and how to register it in USA???

I want information to register in USA my company and want investment

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Carlo Franco L. Borja
Carlo Franco L. Borja
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Diamond Bar, CA

A: You can incorporate or open an LLC with the Secretary of State. You get a business license in the city where you want to establish your business. You apply for an E2 visa to run the business investment. Contact an immigration attorney directly as this is a public forum.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Certainly, Naeem. To register your IT company in the U.S., you'll first need to choose a state for incorporation. Different states have varying benefits and requirements. Once chosen, you'll file Articles of Incorporation (or a similar document) with the Secretary of State in that state. You'll also need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS for tax purposes.

If seeking investment, consider structuring your company in a way that's attractive to investors, possibly as a Corporation or an LLC. Additionally, there are specific visa options for business owners and investors, such as the E-2 or L-1 visa. Consulting with both an immigration and a corporate attorney would be advisable to ensure you're making informed decisions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.