Asked in Traffic Tickets and Collections for Iowa

Q: I received a fixit ticket in Ca during the pandemic,It was signed and mailed but not received, the fine is 1700 HELP

I have already spoke to the court in Fairfield Ca and they seem unwilling to help, what should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Contact the court again. Explain to the court that you never received the ticket and that you would like to resolve the matter. You may need to provide proof that you never received the ticket, such as a change of address confirmation or a USPS tracking number that shows the ticket was not delivered. If the court is unwilling to help you without proof that you never received the ticket, you may need to file a motion to set aside the default. This is a legal document that asks the court to overturn the judgment against you because you were unable to defend yourself in court because you never received the ticket. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.