Fort Lauderdale, FL asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts, Public Benefits and Contracts for Florida

Q: I was lead to believe that the federal government who do i sue?

I was lead to believe that the federal government would be taking care of the citizen's with hardship I had taken on a tenant to help make bills lower and was initially approved after email requested documents then made appointments to pickup funds upon arrival they asked me to sign the top portion of the check saying was verify signature the employee then went back into office for 2 minutes then came out saying they need more documents why wasn't this told to me ahead so could have arranged to bring and was denied tenant appealed and was denied and referred to another agency (our florida) shows no payout and denial I have also updated and sent an appeal along with this foreclosure as more evidence as for the final document this to federal treasury and state but haven't heard from them as of writing this message sent out 9/22/23. Oddly though when contacting other agency system shows that it was scheduled to payout and therefore denied

1 Lawyer Answer

A: If you were falsely told by your tenant that they were going to receive government rent assistance which they didn’t receive, you can sue the tenant for the rent they agreed to pay you in your lease agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.