Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Government Contracts legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Florida Government Contracts Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: Is there case law in FL for a PTI, specifically concerning the SAO's requirements for the content of an apology letter?

I've been offered a PTI for a misd. and now the SAO wants specific info in the apology letter. Is there case law on this issue? The contract does not state the apology letter requires specific language. Does the "victim" influence how the apology is written?

Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 9, 2023

The state holds the cards and has "plenary power" over the conditions of any pretrial diversion agreement. Some jurisdictions require an admission of guilt (or acceptance of responsibility), but the conditions vary. Victims are permitted input regarding case dispositions, but the final... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Lemon Law, Small Claims and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: I Mrs sierra would like to find out what lawyers suited oak tree center please if you can please help to take action to

Please if I can get help to get my records that they refused to send me just sign here and good bye

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 23, 2024

A Florida attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. The question isn't fully clear from your post, but it looks like you are trying to locate the lawyers who sued an entity that could be relevant to your interests, and that you want your records from them??? For... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: What type of lawyer would I need if I'm dealing with a closed CPI/ DCF case in regards to getting my daughter back.
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 29, 2024

A family lawyer that handles or specializes in dependency cases.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: BLUF: Question about legality of pay cuts and avenues of action as a Contractor.

Say a large company wins the bid for a federal contract to provide Network/IT services to the military in Florida and offers you a position at say $86,000 along with a signing bonus or education benefits. However, if you take the sign on bonus or use those education benefits you are required to... View More

Joseph Raymond Schwantes
Joseph Raymond Schwantes
answered on Nov 3, 2023

An attorney should review your contract to determine what rights they have to reduce your agreed pay and exactly what parameters surround the sign-on bonus and education credits. Like with many issues in contract law, it depends on what the contract says.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts, Public Benefits and Contracts for Florida on
Q: I was lead to believe that the federal government who do i sue?

I was lead to believe that the federal government would be taking care of the citizen's with hardship I had taken on a tenant to help make bills lower and was initially approved after email requested documents then made appointments to pickup funds upon arrival they asked me to sign the top... View More

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Oct 15, 2023

If you were falsely told by your tenant that they were going to receive government rent assistance which they didn’t receive, you can sue the tenant for the rent they agreed to pay you in your lease agreement.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: City Official - Ok to write recommendations under name of town A using position of town B?

Is it legal for a City Official working for 2 different neighboring towns in different positions, to a write an official recommendation/inspection in the name of Town A using his job title of Town B? With the official header head and seal of City A he does not currently hold said position in and... View More

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Jul 26, 2023

Your inquiry begs the question of, why is it a problem for you? The answer to your inquiry probably depends on whether Town A officially permits him to do that.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: Signing documents while being on drugs

If I was on drugs and I told someone to sign documents for me because I wasn’t in the right state of mind; Is the contract voidable?

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Oct 8, 2022

Probably not. But without looking at the documents and hearing more about it, I cannot say for sure.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes, Government Contracts and Wrongful Death for Florida on
Q: What is the best way to find/establish a lawful team to sue a prison for negligence, wrongful death, & other violations?

Prison Location: North Carolina

My Location: Florida

Relation to deceased: Daughter

Date of Death: 10/18/2020

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Dec 12, 2021

So sorry to hear about your daughter. Since this happened in North Carolina, you must search for an attorney in that state. Look for attorneys handling civil rights. Options: (A) Click on the Justia find-a-lawyer tab up top; (B) Search the National Lawyers Guild site at... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Government Contracts and International Law for Florida on
Q: Got injured on the job

I got injured on the job by a coworker. do I have to accept worker’s compensation?

Domenic J. Celeste
Domenic J. Celeste
answered on Oct 7, 2021

I'm not sure why the labels for this question include government contracts and international law, but, if this is an accident that occurred at work in Florida and is not a Federal Agency, if you were injured on the job, in almost all circumstances, your only choice is workers'... View More

3 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Government Contracts, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Florida on
Q: Workers compensation contract

I don't remember signing a workers compensation contract. And I didn't want to be under workers compensation. I got ran over by a garbage truck. One of the workers compensation clients must of came in and had me sign their contracts when I was at the hospital under the fluence when I was... View More

Gregory C. Maaswinkel
Gregory C. Maaswinkel
answered on Sep 10, 2021

There are not enough important details in your question to be able to get give you a good answer. For example, who owned the garbage truck? Who was driving the garbage truck? Where did this happen? You may actually have both a personal injury claim and a workers compensation claim. You should... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Government Contracts and Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: Received a sanction from parole, my parole officer asked me come in soon to get my new sanction is he going drug test
Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro
answered on Apr 20, 2021

You are on parole and anyone would reasonably assume that you could be drug tested...Either way, you failure to comply with the parole officer may well subject you to further problems...

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Election Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Public Benefits for Florida on
Q: My ex stated that she “had dirt” on me after I asked her to stop communicating with me. What can I do?

I stated today that I no longer wished to continue communication with my Ex. She stated that she did not plan on it so I took that as an agreement. I stated that if she continued communication I would pursue legal action and she said that she “had dirt on me too” when I never stated that I... View More

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Mar 15, 2021

You asked if it's a threat, but not all threats are illegal. If she is merely saying or implying, "If you sue me, bad things about you will be revealed", there's nothing unlawful about that threat. Of course, if she makes false statements to third parties that are damaging to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law, Elder Law and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: Can public housing move me to a handicap apartment and I'm not handicap?
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Nov 19, 2020

You have not specified why that would be harmful to you. I would imagine that an apartment for the handicapped would have more benefits than a regular apartment, not less (for example, a larger bathroom and being on the ground floor), but I have no familiarity with it. You also have not specified... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law, Contracts and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: I want to source hvac units and resell them to licensed installers locally. Am I able to sell them legally w/o license?

I would sell them to local small businesses that do ac repair and need hvac units for their customers. I do not have a license and wanted to know if I legally needed one to be able to buy and sell hvac in FL

Keith Kanouse
Keith Kanouse
answered on Oct 7, 2020

I don't think you need a license from the Construction Industry Licensing Board but you would need an occupational license. You should also form an S corporation or LLC to protect you and have the manufacturer cover you under its product liability insurance..

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Small Claims for Florida on
Q: If you leave your property on city property does it become owned by the city?

Volunteers/nonprofit leaving goods overnight.

City then uses such goods, and claims such property is owned by them.

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Jul 21, 2020

If it's abandoned, and whether that is the case depends on all of the circumstance, it can be taken by anyone.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: if i was put in jail. i win trial let but i lost everything.what should i do.

it was a stand your ground case.

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Feb 8, 2019

You question is vague, but you seem to be wondering if you can seek compensation from anyone for being arrested, jailed, and prosecuted. For compensation from law enforcement authorities, the answer is yes, IF there was no probable cause for the arrest and/or no probable cause for the prosecution.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: Will a dismissed felony charge in georgia prevent me from obtaining a florida salesman liquor license?

I have the dismissal disposition. The charge was attempt to purchase marijuana in georgia.

Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson
answered on Dec 1, 2017

Sorry, your question is too broad and would require an attorney to research the issue. I suggest that your consult with an attorney in your area or the area where you desire to open the Liquor store about this issue.

Good Luck,

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: I was to partner on a contract bid for the city of Florida. They submitted my tax returns to prove what my salary would

Be. They won the bid but never informed me. Do I have financial recourse?

Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson
answered on Oct 23, 2017

Just not enough information listed here to say for sure. I suggest that you consult with a litigation attorney in the Miami area on this issue to see if you have a case. (I am located in North West Florida, so I am too far away to be able to help you).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.