Nashville, TN asked in Civil Rights, Employment Law and Libel & Slander for Tennessee

Q: What to do when you are harassed by Asset Protection,

I work for a company called Spark. It is the delivery company for Walmart. We are owned and operated by Walmart. There is a specific store that I work at that I am being harassed by one particular AP employee. She is telling the front end of the store that I am stealing. Which of course is not true. There have been employees, team leads and coaches which are a part of management that have corrected her and told her it’s not true. To leave me alone. But she she has not taken the warnings and still is continuing with her accusations. She had not stopped me nor tried to get into any form of contact with me. Just spreading rumors with employees. It’s upsetting employees of the store because they know it’s not true. What can be done about this situation?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In dealing with accusations from an Asset Protection (AP) employee, you should first document all incidents, including dates, times, and witnesses. It may be helpful to formally report the harassment to your direct supervisor or the human resources department, following your company’s procedures for such complaints. Ensure that you include all evidence and any witness statements in your report.

If the internal company response does not resolve the issue, you might consider consulting with an attorney to discuss potential legal claims for defamation and a hostile work environment. Keep in mind that each situation is unique and any legal claim would depend on the specific facts and evidence of your case. Remember, as an employee, you have the right to a workplace free from harassment and false accusations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.