Phoenix, AZ asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Collections and Construction Law for Arizona

Q: Hello Chad flooring installed in my home. The contractor installed the floors wrong twice.

I did not pay after the second install because the floors are still uneven, wavy and buckling income areas. I reached out to them again and they said the floors will have to be reinstalled. I was just told my account will go into collections if I don't pay them. I wrote to them twice for a copy of my contact but have not received a reply. Do I have any options?

1 Lawyer Answer
David H. Relkin
David H. Relkin
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Manhasset, NY

A: You have posted your question in Arbitration so I assume you have some basis for believing that there is an agreement to arbitrate in the contract. Go to the Chad site and see what it provides regarding disputes. Perhaps it provides for arbitration. They are required to provide you with a copy of the contract so go back to when you hired them. Was there an email? Check it. It may have a link to a contract. If you cannot find the contract, perhaps you should hire an attorney to demand the contract from the Corporation. If you receive nothing, you can still commence an arbitration to smoke them out. If they fail to move to stay the Arbitration they may be held to have agreed to participate by answering your Demand for Arbitration. All you need to do to start an Arbitration is to serve a Demand with your claims, including attorneys' fees and Arbitration Fees.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.