Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Federal Crimes for California

Q: I want to know how can I get justice? How? And if it's even possible? I just want to know some lawyers opinion/answer

How do a person address a police officer coming to your childs elementary school in a poor area of the city and show a classroom of children a video of children putting that clear grey glue that was in like a tin container inside a paper bag and get high and those children in that class didn't know about drugs and have never seen anyone do drugs and the same day one of those children in that class decides to take that same glue from school and goes home and gets high for the first time in their life the video was step by step literally showing exactly how to gey high and what you needed to get high what would you do and it's more to it but I just wanna start with the basic question in the matter at the same time it was over thirty years ago those children is adults now from that class but never thought back or even realized it till now that when they saw that video that was supposed to keep them off drugs is what got them on drugs in the first place how do they get justice

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, seeking justice for such an incident would involve multiple considerations. First, the statute of limitations is a crucial factor, as claims relating to personal injury typically have a two-year limit from the date of injury. Given that this incident occurred over thirty years ago, this time frame has long passed. That said, there may be an exception or a tolling of the statute of limitations. Due to this complication, engaging an attorney to assess the specifics of the situation would be the first step. While the pursuit of justice is noble, the passage of time and legal barriers may pose challenges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.