Q: How do I find a lawyer from Montana who does civil actions against the federal government exhaustion of tort claim

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To find a Montana attorney experienced in civil actions against the federal government following the exhaustion of a tort claim, consider the following steps:

1. The State Bar of Montana operates a Lawyer Referral Service which can assist in connecting you with a suitable attorney.

2. Legal directories, such as Justia (this website), Martindale-Hubbell or Avvo, provide listings of attorneys by practice area and often include client and peer reviews.

3. Recommendations can be sought from other attorneys, colleagues, or acquaintances familiar with Montana legal professionals.

4. Contact local or state legal associations that may have a focus on civil rights or government litigation.

5. University law schools in Montana might offer clinics or have professors who can provide referrals.

6. Research Montana court records for attorneys who have previously filed similar suits against the federal government.

7. Schedule consultations with potential attorneys to assess their experience and suitability for your case.

8. Ensure any attorney you consider is in good standing with the State Bar of Montana and has no disciplinary actions against them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.