Montana Civil Rights Questions & Answers

Q: I’m looking to obtain a lawyer to handle anything that might eventually come up.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Traffic Tickets and Civil Rights for Montana on
Answered on May 22, 2018
Peter N. Munsing's answer
What you want is an attorney on retainer. That means you pay him an up front fee and he will provide advice billed on an hourly basis. You need to figure out what the concerns you have are for which you need an attorney--criminal cases require criminal defense attorneys; land issues require someone who concentrates in that area. A small firm may be better for you. They should be attorneys in the counties where you expect to run into issues.

Q: How do I sue for discrimination

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for Montana on
Answered on Sep 2, 2015
Robert Jason De Groot's answer
Get an attorney. Do you think you can do a thing as complex as civil litigation for discrimination by yourself? If so, your are wrong in my opinion. The case would most likely get dismissed for failure to state a cause of action. There are certain pleading requirements for lawsuits. You could do an internet search with the same question and probably get many more results, and might even get some good ones, or attorneys who do this type of suit in your state.

Q: Can my person or personal belongings be searched as a passenger on a commercial motor coach (bus)

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for Montana on
Answered on Apr 10, 2015
Bradley Jay Jones' answer
This will depend on who is searching and why. Generally speaking you should not be searched on ground transportation by a civilian.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.