Hopkinsville, KY asked in Employment Law for Kentucky

Q: Can I sue my employer for ignoring my Physical health

I started feeling really hot and dizzy so I sat down in the brake room becuase I was about to fall over and she came in and started yelling at me and threatened to fire me if I didnt get back up and work I threw up 2 minutes later

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Kentucky, if you believe that your employer is ignoring your physical health and subjecting you to unsafe working conditions, you may have legal options. Your first step should be to document the incident, any conversations, and any medical issues you experienced as a result. You should also seek medical attention if you haven't already. You can report the incident to your employer's human resources department or supervisor and request safer working conditions. If your concerns are not addressed and your health is jeopardized, for personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney who can guide you on the best course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.