Anaheim, CA asked in Banking, Contracts and Government Contracts for California

Q: Can you contract verbally with employees of a financial industry you catch abusing you and doing exactly and more worse

They stop or you have to court order thier defiance and further

Redress and address the consequential damage thier persistent abuse and improper deceptive practice and emotional disruption and distress to your health and heart pressure for continued unnecessary agrieved agitating abusive conduct ? They've been fined and order too stop and compensate can a minute rate I did of 250 per be given for and while thier wrong doing

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Under California law, a verbal agreement can be enforceable if it meets the essential elements of a contract, including offer, acceptance, consideration, and mutual intent. However, proving the terms and existence of a verbal contract can be challenging without corroborative evidence.

If an entity in the financial industry engages in deceptive practices or conduct causing emotional distress, you may have grounds for a claim based on torts, like intentional infliction of emotional distress or fraud. Moreover, if they continue behaviors that they've been ordered by the court to cease, they may be in contempt of court. Victims of such misconduct can seek both injunctive relief to stop the behavior and damages for any harm suffered. As always, it's crucial to gather strong evidence and consult with an attorney familiar with the specifics of your situation. Ensure that you act within the statute of limitations applicable to your claims.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Verbal contracts can be enforceable, outside several types of contracts that have to be in writing. However, in verbal contracts, there is generally an issue of proof. A California attorney could advise more definitively after discussing your matter in greater detail. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.