Hartford, CT asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut

Q: I got a question why they charging me with. This charge I didn't do nothing on purpose it wasn't me

53a117f was the charge and the want purpose damage either can you let me know what I can ask in court how someone blaming the damage on me just cause the apartment it was on my name

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If you've been charged with a specific offense, such as 53a-117f in Connecticut, it's essential to be proactive in addressing the situation. In court, you can inquire about several important aspects of your case. First and foremost, you should present any alibi or evidence indicating that you were not at the scene when the damage occurred. Witnesses who can testify to your absence or lack of involvement can be critical. Additionally, request all available evidence from the prosecution and thoroughly review it for inconsistencies or gaps in their case. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.