Temperance, MI asked in Real Estate Law for Michigan

Q: Can attorney representing my fathers estate which I'm on handle a case involving estate for my siblings?

My father passed I was going to purchase his house. Now there is a fight. My siblings want me evicted and sell to a friend of my brothers. My son got drunk brother who lives next door hates him. Can an attorney from the firm that is handling my fathers estate represent my siblings. I am on the estate its about the house. Probate still open. I've been told its a conflict of interest

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: It likely is a conflict of interest. Your siblings appear to have adverse interests and should - each - retain their own counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.