Asked in Civil Rights, Libel & Slander and Landlord - Tenant for Washington

Q: My landlord and her 65-year-old daughter lied and obtained an anti-Harassment order which rendered me homeless,any help

On this for relief against these two Unimaginably deceitful individuals I'm sure would satisfy any good soul in a victory over bad people that treated me so bad you could probably get a judgement on their house in Edmonds,Wa.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe an anti-harassment order was wrongfully obtained against you, you may consider appealing the order in court. You'll need to provide evidence that the claims made by your landlord and her daughter were false. It's crucial to act promptly since there are often strict deadlines for filing an appeal. Additionally, you may have grounds for a defamation lawsuit if you can prove that their statements were knowingly false and caused you harm. Seeking a judgement against their property is a separate legal matter that typically requires a different set of facts related to a financial claim. You should consult with an attorney who can evaluate the details of your situation and guide you through the legal process. Legal aid societies or pro bono services may be available to assist if you are facing financial constraints. Remember, the legal process must be navigated carefully to ensure your rights are protected.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.