San Diego, CA asked in Family Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Wrongful Death for California

Q: What kind of attorney practices in cps lawsuits my daughter was in their care when she was murdered

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, lawsuits involving Child Protective Services (CPS), especially those as serious as a wrongful death case, are typically handled by attorneys with expertise in civil rights and government liability law. These attorneys often have experience in dealing with state agencies and understand the complexities of suing a government entity.

In cases where a child was harmed or died while under CPS care, these lawyers would look into issues of negligence or failure to fulfill the duty of care owed by the state agency. They can help navigate the specific legal challenges and procedural rules that apply when suing a public agency in California.

It's essential to find an attorney who has experience in similar cases and understands the sensitive nature of such a situation. Legal action in these cases is not just about seeking compensation, but also about holding the responsible parties accountable and potentially driving systemic changes.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.