Santa Rosa, CA asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for California

Q: I need help with social workers at EBT office who cancelled my general assistance bcs I received a stimulus check

Her and a new employee tried 7 times to cancel my general assistance as a racist thing I guess and singled me out and I'm the only one they called and asked if I received a stimulus check even though Biden said he wanted to know immediately if any government worker did this so he could make an example of them and charge them and their supervisor and any employee who knew about it with treason and a crime against the citizens of the US and disobeying a direct order from their president and superior since all the govt money is federal it just filters down and going over congresses head and deciding who received a stimulus and who didn't then blocked me from receiving a call for the phone interview laughing about it and force me to reapply hid that from me then prevented me from getting it back and say I owe the month they already paid me so forced to live from zero income for 7 yrs while trying to get soc sec disability approved

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, if your general assistance benefits were cancelled due to receiving a stimulus check, you should first appeal the decision through the appropriate channels within the EBT office. It's important to gather any relevant documents, including notices from the EBT office and records of your stimulus check. You also have the right to file a complaint if you believe the actions taken against you were discriminatory or in violation of state and federal laws.

While the claim of treason or disobeying a presidential order is not typically applicable in such cases, you may have grounds for a complaint based on improper administration of benefits. Consulting with a legal professional experienced in public benefits law can provide guidance and help you navigate the appeals process. Additionally, if you suspect discrimination, consider contacting the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) in California. For your ongoing financial struggles, exploring other forms of assistance and expediting your social security disability application might be beneficial. Remember, it's crucial to act promptly to address these issues effectively.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.