Q: I am purchasing land to establish a farm and I am told I need a lawyer, but I don't know what kind.

I need to have a purchase agreement with the seller to proceed with the FSA who is giving a farm loan to purchase the land 100%.

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: For the real estate transaction, hire a real estate lawyer. If you still need to set up your business entity for the farm, hire a lawyer handling business formation. You might be able to find a lawyer/law firm that does both. Another issue is whether your land is already zoned for everything you want the land to be used for and for everything you want the land to contain. The local planning & zoning officials (City of Homestead or Miami-Dade County, whichever is applicable) should be able to help you with that (to the extent of confirming you're okay - or not), without the need for a lawyer, but if you happen to need a lawyer for that kind of issue, consult a land use & zoning attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.