Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Illinois

Q: Hi,I have a case coming up Monday via zoom for back child support I've been looking for someone that can help me

Are there any pro Bono attorneys? I've been unable to work because of mental health issues is there anyone that could help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
  • Mt Vernon, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: I assume that you are being sued and have to defend a Rule to Show Cause. You should explain your reasons to the judge. If you have not previously filed a petition to modify child support, you should and explain why you cannot earn the same living as you did previously. Your reasons should explain what your mental illness is, what the cause

of it is, if you know and there is one, is it expected to be temporary or permanent, are you getting therapy or medication for the problem, and when you expect to get better and able to work. You should also explain what you are currently doing to make living arrangements.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.