Yucca Valley, CA asked in Civil Litigation and Family Law for California

Q: California, Family Law. The minute order stated that the court adopted the Family Court Services Recommendations

Judge adopted the Family Court Services Mediation Recommendation and ordered the Recommendation attached to the minute order . Unfortunately the FCS Recommendation never was attached ...... what options are available to force the court to attach the FCS Recommendation to the minute order?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In this situation in California Family Law, where the Family Court Services (FCS) Mediation Recommendation was not attached to the minute order as directed by the judge, you have several options to address this oversight.

First, you can contact the clerk of the court to inquire about the missing attachment. Sometimes, such issues are administrative oversights and can be corrected upon request.

If the clerk's intervention does not resolve the issue, you can file a request or motion with the court to have the FCS Recommendation officially attached to the minute order. This motion would explain the situation and request the court to correct the record by attaching the necessary document.

It's important to act promptly, as the details in the FCS Recommendation could be critical for any ongoing or future proceedings related to your case.

In some cases, directly communicating with Family Court Services might also be helpful. They may be able to provide a copy of the recommendation or assist in ensuring it gets properly attached to the minute order.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, consulting with a legal professional experienced in family law can provide additional guidance and assistance in navigating the court system to ensure that the correct and complete records are filed and accessible.

Tobie B. Waxman
Tobie B. Waxman
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Just call the courtroom's clerk and let him/her know that the attachment was missing. You also have the option of obtaining a copy of the stipulated agreement from your mediation and drafting your own Findings and Order After Hearing. But first, just call the clerk. That may resolve your issue easily and quickly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.