Detroit, MI asked in Health Care Law and Wrongful Death for Michigan

Q: 2021 my father passed away from getting the Covid vaccine poor hospital treatment can I make someone accountable?

The death certificate says he died from Covid he had already recovered from Covid months before and decided to get vaccinated. Later that night and carrying into the the next day he was having a hard time breathing. We took him to the hospital where he spent the next 25 days alone because family member were not welcome in the hospitals at the time due to Covid. The day came where there hospital was releasing him to a rehab facility however the hospital didn’t like his oxygen levels that day so they decided to keep him another night his entire stay was in the intensive care unit where he should be under heavy surveillance however that night they found my father out of his bed and unconscious on the floor for enough time for him to lose brain function. He was a large man and very hard to miss him laying on the floor for as long as he did to lose brain function if they were allowing fam to be with him one of us could of been there instead he died alone on the floor

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Might be worth a call to a medical malpractice firm, but under the circumstances, you may not find much relief. Foremost, you are likely running up against a statute of limitations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.