Sunnyvale, CA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Juvenile Law for California

Q: I’m a mom of a 12y old someone said,”i want to kiss your daughter” can I call the police on him, is he getting arrested?

How about trying to force her to drink beer, he didn’t get to do it, but I want to know if I can call the police on him, and want to know what would happen if I did

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Under California law, expressing a desire to kiss a minor, especially in a context that seems threatening or inappropriate, can be cause for concern. While it may not always constitute a crime in itself, it could be considered part of a pattern of concerning behavior. You have the right to report this incident to the police, especially if you believe your daughter's safety is at risk.

Attempting to force a minor to consume alcohol is a serious matter. This action can be reported to law enforcement, and they have the authority to investigate the situation. If someone attempted to coerce your daughter into drinking beer, the police would likely consider factors such as the age of the person involved, the context, and any prior history of similar behavior.

When you report such incidents, the police will assess the situation and determine if there is enough evidence to charge the individual with a crime. The exact legal consequences depend on the specifics of the incident and whether it fits into categories of criminal behavior defined by California law. Remember, ensuring the safety and well-being of your child is paramount, and law enforcement can help assess and address any potential threats.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.