Naples, FL asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Arizona

Q: How can I correct an error on a Voluntary Administration Statement after it has been certified?

I listed the wrong year, but the correct VIN number on the form for a car. The RMV in Arizona will not accept the form because I listed the wrong year. It should be 2013 Honda Civic, I listed it as 2014.


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To correct an error on a Voluntary Administration Statement in Arizona, particularly one involving a vehicle's year of manufacture, you'll need to file an amended statement with the correct information.

Start by contacting the probate court where you filed the original Voluntary Administration Statement. Inform them of the mistake and inquire about the specific procedure for filing an amendment. Typically, this involves completing a new form with the corrected information.

When filling out the amended form, ensure all other details remain consistent with the original filing, except for the correction of the car's year. It's crucial to double-check all information before submission to avoid further errors.

Once the amended form is complete, submit it to the same probate court where the original statement was filed. There might be a filing fee associated with this amendment, so it's a good idea to confirm this with the court ahead of time.

After the amended statement is processed and approved by the court, you should receive a certified copy. This can then be presented to the Arizona RMV to update the vehicle information.

Remember, it's important to address such errors promptly to ensure all estate-related matters are handled correctly and efficiently.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.